We are seeking an experienced Legal Recruiter to join our collaborative and thriving team. We are a fully remote organization and are seeking a strong cultural fit to fill this position. Please read the “About Us” section carefully and reference in a brief, informal cover letter why you would like to join our team.
We are a boutique legal recruiting agency with a broad reach (clients range from solo practitioners to AmLaw top 20 firms and placements from entry level receptionists to C-level executives, from associates to lateral partners and group acquisitions). We are in growth mode and aim to more than quadruple in size over the next five years.
But our real differentiator is the lens through which we approach our work. We believe it is possible for a company to do well, while also doing good.
We consider LMS to be a values-based company and take our core values into account with every decision we make, whether that is which benefits to offer or how to handle tough conversations with clients. Our core values are: Passion, Integrity, Growth Mindset and High Performance. We are seeking candidates who align strongly with these values.
We abide by the NALSC ethical guidelines and provide a very high level of strategic growth consulting to our clients and customer service to both clients and candidates.
We have committed to strong DEI initiatives – dedicating resources to DEI training and policies and implementing a client-facing pledge to strengthen our influence on DEI with our clients.
We are always trying to find new, fun ways to celebrate our successes and share them with our communities. For example, we recently started rewarding 5 star Google reviews with a $100 donation to the charity of the employee’s choice!
We are a growing(!) company which embraces change, values our employees’ perspectives and input and strives to leave the legal recruiting profession better than we found it.
If you are looking for a career at an organization where your work will make a big impact, this could be the place for you!
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years full cycle recruiting experience (agency experience highly preferred over in-house).
- Legal experience or familiarity (recruiting or otherwise) ideal.
- Experience working remotely strongly preferred.
- Commitment to modeling our core values and adhering to NALSC ethical guidelines absolutely essential.
- Collaborative posture, “we-first” mentality!
- Strong project management skills.
- High comfort level in “start-up” environment and the desire to contribute to building a strong future for LMS.
- Polished and professional writing/editing skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Proficiency in an applicant tracking system (ATS) required, Bullhorn preferred.
- Manage full lifecycle of job orders for assigned positions (attorney, staff or both):
- Write quality job descriptions, social media content, and post on job boards.
- Strategically and urgently source qualified candidates for all assigned LMS positions using available resources.
- Schedule/screen ideal candidates by phone and video (Zoom), gathering relevant information tactfully.
- Manage and report progression of all recruiting efforts to manager and client. Present candidates to client with intention.
- Coach candidates and clients on expectations, compensation negotiations.
- Logistical/ administrative support to clients and candidates through interview process (communicating status of recruiting (to clients) or candidacy (to candidates), scheduling interviews, obtaining background and reference checks as needed, prepping candidates in advance of interviews).
- Present offers, manage compensation negotiations, advise on strategy through onboarding.
- Administrative updates on all jobs in ATS (Bullhorn).
- Business development: identify prospective clients and openings for strongest candidates in LMS pipeline; craft thoughtful outreach to clients to market candidates and describe LMS’s value to firms.
- Work collaboratively with team on: ideas for top candidates, LMS process improvement, growth opportunities, etc. Come prepared to contribute to weekly team meetings.
- Build applicant sources by researching niche memberships, organizations, and schools.
Success at LMS is evaluated in two ways: representation of core values and meeting revenue goals.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual base salary of $75,000 (exempt)
- Tiered commission on revenue generated over $75,000 (20-30%, upon reaching set milestones). We anticipate that the all in compensation, upon hitting or exceeding revenue goals, will range from $100,000 – $300,000 annually
- Fully remote – no in office requirement – with flexible hours
- Annual technology stipend
- Monthly healthcare stipend
- Sick leave in accordance with state laws
- 10 days of PTO to start (accrued, increases after 1 year) plus 11 company holidays (including National Donut Day. Seriously.)
- 1 paid annual community service day
- IRA match after 2 years
- $100 charitable contribution for every 5 star Google review received
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.